God has taught Jesus who is also God and Jesus teaches mankind that He will not lie or relent and that His counsel will stand.
17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath,
19“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
1 Samuel 15:29
29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man, that He should relent.”
21There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.
29 And this shall be a sign to you,’ says the Lord, ‘that I will punish you in this place, that you may know that My words will surely stand against you for adversity.’
Hebrews 7:21 also Palm 110:4
21 (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him:
“The Lord has sworn
And will not relent,
‘You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”),
What have we learned? We have learned that:
- God has taught Jesus, who is also God, who teaches mankind that He will not lie or relent (meaning to become less severe; letup or slacken up) and that His counsel (His Word) will stand.
- To show more abundantly to the heirs (all believers) of promise the immutability (meaning not capable of or not susceptible to change) of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath
- God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. God is a spirit being and not susceptible to human needs or rules.
- There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel (His Word)—is that which will stand (will not change) .
- Know that if anyone goes against God that His Word will stand against those who go in adversity (against) Him. He will not change His mind.
- The priesthood of Christ differs dramatically from the Levitical priesthood (priesthood in Levi’s time) in that it (the priesthood Jesus) was instituted with an oath. By contrast, the descendants of Aaron assumed their jobs without any oath. Because Jesus took His priesthood with an oath He will be a priest forever.
- According to the Lord Jesus all of those who were appointed a priest by taking an oath are priests forever.
May grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior be bestowed on us all.
God is testing us every day and has given us the right to make our own choices. Do you know which ones are the right choices in Gods mind?
Fear God, love God, honor God, and trust God with all your heart, mind and soul and you will receive and experience the joy of the promises of God’s blessings in His time.
Prayer: Father in heaven, hallowed is Thy Name. I praise You for Your Son and the Holy Spirit. I praise You for Your grace in sending us Your wisdom about “God’s Purposes and Plans do not Change.” I praise You for Your caring, Your loving kindness, and Your generosity. Only Your graciousness and love could forgive the sins of mankind and still allow him to become a Son or daughter of Yours. Please bless those who have read this article for they too seek Your righteous truth, love, wisdom and understanding.
May God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Christianity be our guiding lights, our safety nets and our inspiration for loving happiness in all of Your kingdom. Father into your hands I commend my spirit. Not my will, but yours be done. Please come Lord Jesus.
I pray in Jesus sweet name and to His glory through the power of the Holy Spirit,